Monday, September 14, 2009

OFG MARKETPLACE MONDAY FEATURED ARTIST

Each Monday, I'll be featuring a member from The Old Farmhouse Gathering Team on Etsy. We just added our 200th member this past weekend! These are some very talented artisans who create everything from Primitive to Shabby Chic, with an old fashioned flair! This week it is truly my pleasure to introduce to you my fellow OFG sister, Kimberly Scott of Sugar Creek Hollow
Below is a sample of her work and you can see all of it at:

http://www.sugarcreekhollow.etsy.com/





~INTERVIEW~

How long have you been selling on Etsy?
I’ve been on Etsy for about a year now, but Sugar Creek Hollow has only been open for about a month now.
What type of items do you offer?
Hand-poured Soy Candles, crocheted lace doilies, cotton dishcloths, an occasional crocheted afghan when I have the time, graphics, and I just recently added items from the kitchen such as jams and relishes.
How long have you been crafting?
Well over 25 years now
Who or What inspires you?
Probably my greatest inspiration has been my grandmother who passed on several years ago. She taught me at an early to crochet and sew, as well as how to make jams and butters. But when it comes to our candles, my youngest son is the true inspiration. He has mild Autism, and an obsession for smells. Making candles has become a family event that even he can take part in.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I would have to say it’s my lace doilies. Creating these has taught me a great deal about patience. And I like to think that when one is purchased, it becomes that person’s next family heirloom.
Other places where you can be found?
Etsy Shoppe: SugarCreekHollow.etsy.com
Blog: Sugarcreek hollow.blogspot.com


OTHER OFG SISTER'S SHOPPES.....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my shoppe! I'll post something on the OFG forum about adding links to your blog post:)

    ReplyDelete